This mindfulness workshop presents an overview of the theory behind mindfulness and introduces a range of meditation practices. Explore how every moment of our lives presents precious opportunities to connect to ourselves, others and the flow of experience in a meaningful way.
Practical, experiential and interactive, this 2 hour workshop provides an introduction to mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a mind-body based training that involves paying attention to our present moment experience with acceptance, openness and compassion. It has roots in ancient meditation traditions and an evidence base in modern science.
Research shows that mindfulness can help us regulate our emotions and thoughts, become more resilient and resourceful in the face of stress, improve our productivity and attention and experience greater satisfaction and balance in our lives. This workshop will help you explore how these changes come about and how you can incorporate mindfulness into your own life.
You will leave with:
- A deeper understanding of what mindfulness is and how it can be developed
- First-hand experience of a range of short mindfulness practices
- Insight into the science behind mindfulness and how it not only brings about positive changes to our mind, but to the structure of our brain as well
- A greater understanding of the stress-reaction cycle and ways in which we can meet stress with greater resourcefulness and ease
- Practical tips for integrating mindfulness into your everyday life
- Information about the next 8 Week Mindfulness Course starting in March
This workshop is informed by the Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction approach developed by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn and his colleagues at the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Susie Ball is a level 2 trained Mindfulness Teacher and operates according to the Good Practice Guidelines for Teachers laid out by the UK Network.
There will be an opportunity to donate at the end of the workshop towards the teacher's time and room rental. You are encouraged to give according to what you feel you have received from the workshop.
Please book your free place via the Eventbrite Page.